Publisher of The Surge and Lords of the Fallen to publish a retro-style Fantasy JRPG. With Mechs!
Chained Echoes has demolished its Kickstarter goal, along with most of its stretch goals. It looks amazing, and the soundtrack plucks those nostalgia strings brilliantly.
Chained Echoes will have a physical release alongside its digital release. And the concept art for the packaging is perfect. Really, the whole concept behind this game seems to lean into all of our nostalgia, but those of us who remember know this type of game is good all by itself, without the need for gimmicky packaging. But… damn, that packaging looks sweet!
Here’s a bit more, pulled straight from Chained Echoes’ Kickstarter page:
- 20-25 hours of play time
- Fast paced turn-based battles
- No random encounters; enemies can be seen running around
- Tons of items to be looted, stolen or crafted
- Complex skill and equipment system
- Customize your own airship
- Travel and fight by foot or in your Mech
- 16-bit SNES style graphics
- Music inspired by PSX RPGs
Chained Echoes combines the simplicity of classic games with modern gameplay to bring an epic and fast-paced adventure to Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, PC, Mac & Linux in a little over 2 years.
This is definitely one to keep your eye on. And get in on that Kickstarter deal while you can! You know I’m a sucker for retro-style modern games!